Sunday, April 4, 2010

how to train dragons

I caught 'How to train a Dragon' at TM yesterday with my fellow Changkat warriors; those of which who conquered classes after classes of little terrors at my alma mater.

I had a fabulous time because those two buggers can make me laugh my heads off anytime. They're so full of nonsense. And guess what, they're dragons! So it became a running joke about how I needed to learn how to train them. Nice.

Staring sultrily at ....


Jokers.




Can't remember what he said, just know it wasn't intelligent!




Just FAIL, the face enlarged.


BS keepsssss saying my face is bigger than Alex's. SO?


Yesterday was a mega long day.

It began at 4:30am. All my relatives and I headed down to the Chua Chu Kang Cemetary for qing ming for my grandfather. It was a dewy morning and really foggy too, but somehow, I felt a sense of familiarity more so than anything else (i.e. spooky). Perhaps it's because I've been coming down here for almost every single year since my grandfather passes on in 2004. It's one of those little things that become a part of your life; a tradition.


We headed home and I caught 15 minutes of sleep before I was due at Changkat to do alumni tutoring. After that, I went over to Edwin's house to sleep some more...

I met Boon Tiong at 1:45pm to have Ice-cream Chef! I've heard so much about it and that was my first time there. I think I'm really not a huge fan of ice-cream because to me, it tastes more or less the same and I can't really appreciate how much better it is than all the other such palours around.

He brought me to City Harvest to watch their Easter performance and I must say, I really take my hats off to those guys. The production was extremely GOOD!!! Words don't do it justice, you really have to see it for yourself.

The theme was centered around portraying how Jesus would play a role in our modern context and there was songs, dance, stories, emotions, lights, effects, visuals... everything was just awesome. I really, really loved the entire performance from start to end.

Now I know why people love musicals, because the sense you get from watching live shows is very drastically different from those which you watch in cinemas.

And after the show was over, I hung around with his friends for a bit before heading to TM to catch my movie with these two buggers:


It's one of those chillax days that you yearn for after a mega-busy ultra-packed semester. I'm just so glad it's over.


Now it's time to take things slow. For a while at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment