Friday, November 13, 2009

SMU madness

WED: Chiong stats from 7pm to 5am, with intermission being the traveling time home.

THU: Chiong stats from 8am to 6pm, with intermission being the traveling time to school.

Lol, doesn't it just sound ridiculous?

But the final report, is GODLY. The whole group simply adores it, and when printed out and binded, it's even more mind-blowing! Wahahaha... (:

After the printing, Alex and I went to Illuma to play the arcade on the 6th floor. Haha! It's really quite fun because that guy's quite pro at those scooping sweets game. He really knows when to press the button such that the machine scoops up plentiful sweets to drop onto the conveyor.

He then tried the one that grabs stuff -the rigged one-, and he almost did it.....but didn't. Dinner at 10.30pm at BK, coupled with a laughing fit from start to end of the meal.

I think you tend to laugh way more when you're super shag. Your mind conceives every thing as unbelievably funny.

On my way home -DAMN COINCIDENTALLY- Leonard hopped onto the bus 12 I was on! I was just thinking as we were approaching Siglap whether the timing would be such that Leonard would be going home now and who knew, it really happened!

LOL. And that guy didn't see me until I planted myself right smack in his face. Hahaha...typical. But it's definitely nice seeing him again after like, half a year or so? Man, that's a long time!

FRI: I repaid my sleep debt, partially. But still, feels good to sleep in (=

And then I was thinking, it's starting to become more evident that in SMU (or perhaps in other Unis alike, I don't know), people befriend you because they are able to gain something from you. It's being really practical and I acknowledge that, but I could never see myself doing that.

I mean, I have two group mates from two different project groups asking for my favour.
One's asking me for all the soft copies of the readings which must be obtained by perusing through the Prof's slides. The other's asking me to study together for Business Law, all because I managed to do better than him for an assignment.

These are stuff, I REALLY FEEL, would be requested for by friends, not just mere acquaintances. I mean, I really feel it's thick-skinned to do such a thing.

Leveraging on somebody else. It's true, and it happens.
And I find it very hard to stomach it.

And recently, I have friends...Okay, Hi-Bye 'friends' who openly compared class rankings and grades between each other. I couldn't believe my ears when I hear that.

People are really that competitive and I know I never can be.

Perhaps I'll just be exterminated along the way. But I don't ever want to feel like I have to be like them. It somehow makes me a little less human. Like all I would really care about are the grades. I don't believe life works that way, it shouldn't.

But reality is such, huh. There is no denying it.
And honestly,

What am I to do about it?

1 comment:

  1. since last time i have already told this is life, u choose not to believe it and now appear right in front of ur face my dear sharmaine!!!! hahaha...once again, time proven my theory~~~~ lol
    (so, at the end of the day, 22 years of life experience is something u should trust me on, what i said might not be true all the time, but it surely make some sense here and there)

    well, it had been long times since we last met, well not that long la but may be a month, my exam is over and now urs is coming, we shall meet after ur exam ok? haha... good luck for anything...jia you pa my dear mei~~~~ ^^

    ReplyDelete