Wednesday, January 27, 2010

1 Month 20 Days

I'm surprised my friends actually come to this space. I kinda expected it to be really void, without so much as an extra pair of eyes other than mine which view the stuff here.

It's cool though, that somehow people are willing to invest that bit of time in reading what you have to say =)

So, FAST. It's been a month and 20 days since I came by. I don't know how is that even possible. I'm online so much doing project after project, presentation after presentation, research after research, and I haven't even clicked to this personal link of mine.

So, DAMN fast. The December holidays have come and gone, I've been to 3 places, passed my driving, graduated from my first aid course, and finally, Hell has dawn.

School is amazingly busy. I SWEAR. Right from the very first week of school, the motion of things have already begun to sweep me off my feet. For all the wrong reasons.

MC-I have 2 or more weekly assignments, readings, a group project and an individual speech.
BGS-I have 2 mini presentations, readings, one minor project, one major project.
LTB-I have meetings spanning long periods of time because planning a local CIP is just not easy.
FA-I have weekly CRAZILY tedious homework, weekly quizzes, and a company-related project.
OCSP-I have so much planning to do for it I'm seeing Kelvin more than anybody else at school.

Life ROCKS. Mannnn... I don't know how I've come to survive till week 4.

Of late, I've had friends who tell me I look terrible. No reason for it, just look terrible - like some walking zombie or a vampire who's not had enough blood to drink and is PALE (yes, the show still lingers in my mind).

Breakfasts still exist, but lunch and dinners have ceased to exist in my world. I've never felt so hungry so often in a long while. Sometimes, this makes me even light-headed, I can't think.

Yet, above all this, you still gotta get work done. Life doesn't trudge along to suit your pace, in fact, because you're so slow, life seemingly speeds up even more. And when you try to catch up, you require twice as much energy but because you don't get to eat consistently your pace slows down and so life doesn't trudge along to suit your pace, in fact,....

Ha. I'm getting so cranky sometimes even my friends give me a double take. Not that I wanna be like this. But I think, I'll survive.

At times like this, the words of those who say "grades aren't everything in life" is amplified a million times over. But the moment that context dissolves in thin air, you find all that horrid clouds of darkness looming over you more intensely than before.

It's hard to see colour when all you stare at are the grayscale documents that you have to grapple with day in day out.

Chinese New Year is coming. Surprise, surprise, I haven't done my new year shopping. Not that I haven't gone shopping around for stuff. I've gone to look, but I'm feeling so weary which makes me feel so lousy about myself that no amount of pretty clothes can entice me enough to part with my money.

I went window shopping at Kovan Heartland Mall the other day because of some beneficiary visit I had to do there. My freaking heavy bag had to sit on my shoulders for a good 3 hours and by the end of it all, I was shag-out-max!

And to think I still had to head back to school after that to camp there to wait for the 2E1 gang to have steamboat at Bugis. My friend kept urging me to go home because I was honestly so very tired that if someone so much as annoyed me, I would have cried out of sheer exhaustion.

But hey, anything to meet that crazy bunch of adorable friends! Pity I had to leave earlier after the steamboat because my Dad swung by to pick me up so I could drive my Ah Ma back home in Tampines.

I like driving! But Steven burst my bubble by saying that totally discriminatory phrase, "women drivers", followed by a shaking of the head in utter resignation at how poorly adroit women drivers are on the road.

Oh well. Stereotype, accept it.

I still very much want to jot down the details of my India, Japan and Perth trip. Someday, when I've the luxury of time, I'll definitely do just that.

OMG. My Mum's birthday is on MONDAY and I have 3 presentations spanning the whole of next week. How??? =(

No comments:

Post a Comment