Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goodbye Singapore

The day has finally dawned.

I'm going overseas with Kelvin for our OCIP Recce trip, tagging alongside the NIE team led by Siva. Gone today night, back on 14th Dec in the late evening.

It's funny how I don't really have much emotions to speak of. My Mum asked me this morning if I was excited, and I thought about it before replying 'Oh yea, sure!'

Weird. I usually can't keep my emotions under control if I'm bursting with excitement.

I think. I think. I think it's because of the drinks I had yesterday.

Yesterday I had driving early in the morning and my instructor conducted an evaluation. Except for not carrying out my safety checks properly, for stalling the car like 5 times (because it was a spare car that has a freaking sensitive clutch), and for commiting two errors worthy of an immediate failure (IF the tester that day is very niao), I guess I did okay. LOL. Oh well, I shall improveeeeee!

Then I met AJ because he happened to be on leave. Back to Bedok to have chee cheong fun before making our way to Parkway to play pool! =D Yay.

Steven came to pick me up so we could go his house for a super late lunch. Haha. Steven's food was delicious la! Call me bias, but I seriously thought it was yummy. Maybe it tasted so good because it was cooked with sincerity (: Thanks Steven so much! I'm gonna miss Singapore food.

Dom and Philip came to join us after, and even though we were just chilling, I thought I immensely enjoyed myself. Nothing beats doing nothing in the company of good friends.

Then made my way down to Plaza Sing to find Herrick, who was playing a beat game similar to JuBeat. That fella is a born natural at the game, I swear. And then off at the para para machine, I see Jesmond dancing awesomely. Man, I'm so honoured to know them personally. Haha. Arjun was there as well and I spoke to him much since it's actually my first time talking to him.

Amazing how I'm actually pretty close to Darrell's friends. That bugger came down almost an hour late to meet us. Thank goodness I'm comfortable enough with them not to feel like some sore thumb.

Herrick wanted to take us to this JazzBar but of all days, it was closed on Tuesday. Herrick promises another trip down to that place on the 30th. Before the bar moves over to the Esplanade. Resigning ourselves to our fate, we headed down to some convenience store to buy beers and breezers to drink. We sat by the Singapore River while we downed the alcohol, hahahaha, "drowning our sorrows" as one of them put it.

A beer and a bacardi later, we had nothing to do. So we went down to Timbre and ordered a duck pizza. It's adorable seeing the guys voraciously eating the pizza. I ordered a Manjo Mojito and they all took tester sips and I lapped it up pretty quickly so we could all go home.

Man, woozy already. I hate beers, they get to me so easily. So the whole way home, I had this nagging urge to throw up. LOL. But I was still sane enough to walk straight. Darrell was like, "if you don't like this feeling don't drink anymore, Like ME." (Thing is, he can't drink to begin with but anyways) Thanks for the advice Bro ;p

Back home, it was a hurried wash up so I could go home and sleep. Man, leaving the house at 730am in the morning and arriving back home at 1130pm at night after drinks is MAD EXHAUSTING.

Funny how I could not sleep in today, and was up by 8am plus. I want to sleep some more. I envisgae I won't be getting much uninterrupted sleep during my trip in India.

And after I'm back from India on 14th evening, I have a plane to catch at 1am that very same night. To: Japan! =D

To find my family for skiing at Hokkaido and then jet off to Tokyo for what I would think, an experience of a lifetime.

I have a 3 day First Aid course after my Japan trip which ends on Christmas eve at 6.30pm. And guess what. That very same day, my dad intends to fly down to Perth to find my brother until the 27th. I hope he's just saying it for fun. As he sometimes does.

And thereafter, IS MY DRIVING TEST! Omg. Omg. Omg. That will positively make or break my holiday man. It's the culminating point!

I'm gonna be away so much yet I still am so greedy and wanna meet up with so many friends. Such a pity I couldn't make it for the lunch outing with the 11/07 gang that weekend, else I could've caught up with them. Want to talk to EeHwee!

I should find some time to say Hi to Li Min as well. Haven't seen her in the longest time. And my girlfriends, who always can't seem to find time for me but I still love them anyway. And all the 2E1 people. And Jerome, who last minute pang-seh me (hahaha!). And. And. And...

I'm rattling off a couple of names, but there's so many more people I want to see! HOWW...

I shall think about it again if I come out of all my commitments alive first. If I don't make it out still breathing, then the tons of pictures I would have accrued would do the talking =D

No comments:

Post a Comment