Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Just in Case

FRI: STUDY.
SAT: STUDY.
SUN: STUDY + STRESS-ed.

MON: Business Law *hauntingly eerie background music*
TUE: Analytical Skills *Prof actually said "WHEE!~" when he opened the doors for the exam*
And no wonder, because the paper... Geez.

But Friday wasn't just study!

I actually caught 2012 with my family (:
Like my brother said, It's weird when you have your parents sharing your sweetly popped kernels with you. But it's a warm kinda weird, the type where people go 'awwww'.

The show - I LIKE =D
It's really awesome because it reflects the frailty of human beings. When you see the earth splitting up and people falling through the cracks, it's like random toy soldiers on a board being messed up by some itchy handed fella. Or when the beautiful structures which form the backdrop of the city skyline start crumbling like sandcastles in the rain.

It's so easy for mother nature to toss the world as we know it into chaos. As it is, it's already happening. Perhaps only not to the fortunate people of Singapore, less those staying in Bukit Timah who got caught in the one-in-50-years flash flood.

And speaking of the flash flood, it really reflects how very simple it is for our wealth to get destroyed. Like that dude who forlornly looked at his company's sports car being towed away. On this note, I hate how he says it doesn't really matter because it's a company car anyway. He seems to be insinuating that his wealth hasn't been affected one bit, so all's good. Show off.

Day in day out, you only need a glance through the papers to be aware of the freak weather situations happening in the world over. And usually to those who are unable to fend for themselves. Lives lost in the tens and hundreds of thousands, merely become statistical figures to be compiled for future use on some Pareto chart or something.

We read about it all the time but we don't feel it. Because all these news seem to be coming from an angle which doesn't affect our well-being at all. Not one single bit.

I know, some people will (probably) obviously say what the hell do you expect me to do? Honestly, I don't know. But what I do know that it doesn't hurt to be concerned, to let your thoughts drift once in a while to those who can only dream of what we have here.

If you watched 2012, Singapore's like that ark they build. We're in a cocoon while the rest of the world suffers under the ravages of mother nature. But we're still protected.

If what the naysayers feel about global warming and all that were to materialize, Singapore could very well be wiped out in a single splendidly formed wave and there you go, we'll be back to the 1920s. And we'll all be dead.

After watching 2012, I guess it's not good to go either extreme. Constant brooding, or extreme exultation from the liberation from studying. Ha. I'm thinking too much here, nobody actually, really gets affected by such things.

But at least, if it ever comes true, you thought about it once. And you'll think about what you would do if tomorrow was your last day.

Speaking of last days...

Maverick has this really huge lump on his belly, so huge it actually wobbles when he walks. And I swear, each time I see how he has to walk in a contorted fashion, notwithstanding the fact that he already has hip problems, I really feel the sadness.

Each wobble looks as if it's gonna gain momentum and ultimately, eke the life out of that one creature who has thought me what it's like to love, without ever having to use words.

Dogowners, will know what I mean when I say it gets so irritating and annoying sometimes when your dog starts barking so incessantly everytime you get home. Today, instead of brushing Maverick off brusquely as I usually do, that momentary pause I took to look into his eyes made me realise how much I'm gonna miss him when he's really gone.

I daren't say I'm the best dog owner around, because I know tons of people who'd do so much better than me. But what I do know is I'm somebody who's life has been very much touched by a creature so endearing, so pure, and so loving.

Everytime I think back, and reflect on the really wonderful memories I had with JJ, I'll smile. If there're people around, I'll share and bask in the excitement of doggie-chat. But if I'm alone, it never fails to incite a tear.

It's something to love somebody, but it's a whole new depth if you talk about loving a dog.

I'm just being emotional first, just in case. Ha ha.
Just in case.

when I look into your eyes,
I see unadulterated affection.
That's when I know,
I'm home.

No comments:

Post a Comment